Installing Snow Leopard on VMWare 7 for Windows
Now you can try to install Mac Os X Snow Leopard 10.6 as a guest OS on vmware workstation 7. I have tested installing it on my Windows 7 OS. Before you begin:
VMware 7 on windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7
Mac Os X 10.6 Retail DVD
Intel Based Machine with VT-x supported Processor
Pre-made Snow Leopard VMDK
Download the VMware image and darwin_snow.iso from here (Rapidshare mirror 1) or here (Mediafire mirror 2) or here (Megaupload mirror 3) (Rapidshare Mirror #4 – thanks iGuru) [all credit belong to Prasys]
1. Make sure you have vmware 7 installed on your OS, download required file from above link and place it on your HDD.
2. edit Mac OS X Server 10.6 (experimental).vmx with a text editor
Change :: smc.present = “TRUE” —>> smc.present = “FALSE”
(fix KP caused by fakesmc.kext on Shutdown/Restart)
3. Open VMware and load the vmx file (Mac OS X Server 10.6 (experimental).vmx)
4. Edit your Guest OS configuration mach to your need . (memory, CPU, Network, ect)
5. Set darwin_snow.iso ad you cdrom media
6. Save your Setting.
1. Run your Snow Leopard Guest OS
2. Quickly type F8 on your keyboard
3. Now you need to change cdrom with Snow Leopard Retail DVD and choose Boot DVD from boot menu
4. Hit F8 and type -v on the boot argument.. wait until installation windows apear..
5. Begin your snow leopard installation, (you may customize your installation) and reboot
1. select darwin_snow.iso as you cdrom and start your Snow Leopard
2. If you lucky you will enter the registration form, if you get KP keep restarting your Guest OS
3. Fill the registration form and you will have a working Snow Leopard on your VMware.
4. You can update your Snow Leopard From Sofware Update or install update manually
5. Install VMware tools (inside the darwin_snow.iso) [you may need to reconect your cdrom]
6. Install sound driver (include in download link above)
Major Credit belong to Prasys
note : This installation in not officially suported by VMware, this is for preview and learn purpose only
if you like it please buy a real mac